Saturday, May 27, 2006

Watch out for mountain lions

Oh that Kim.... Shes oh so pretty, but not very bright. When did they start showing reruns of 24 on the weekend? As if the four consecutive hours they have every Monday on A&E arent enough. Although I dont know if they're still dong that since the regular season is over.

Speaking of weird shit... I have been meaning to make a post about the Flaming Lips show I went to recently. I dont feel like doing a full review so I'll try to summarize the best I can. The Flaming Lips: Awesome; The other bands: not so awesome. Perhaps I should explain a bit. A few of the FOUR other acts were decent. The crazy reggae band had some catchy songs. I dont think Id buy an album though. The rest of were your standard emo fare; which was a bit surprising to see in a show with The Flaming Lips. Although I guess any band would be out of place with them. The best thing about the show, besides the Lips of course, was the venue. Open Air is such a great place for a show. You can see everything from any seat. More important than that though, was the sound. The sound was amazing. You could actually hear every instrument being played. One thing I hate about shows is that sometimes some instruments are drowned completely out by others. Emo bands are notorious for this, since the general strategy is 'louder and faster.' We Are Scientists was probably the biggest offender in that respect. However, I could still hear the bass player over the excessively loud guitar. The music might have been mediocre, but at least I could hear it all.

By the way... Race For the Prize is the best live song ever. Thats all I have to say about that. I think I will be going back next year regardless of who is playing. Its sponsored by a local radio station I like so I have faith that they will get a good act for next year. Besides, $30 for five bands is a pretty good deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home