Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Review: FF:AC

Wow. Thats all I've got to say. Just... wow. I'd say the wait was well worth it. I had my doubts about a sequel to what, I would say, is my favorite game. But, I am truly satisfied with the results. Square-Enix did an incredible job with this movie. It has everything a fan could ask for; amazing visuals, an abundance of over-the-top action sequences, swords, sword-gun combinations, and a solid (albeit, a little short) storyline.

In spite of my apparant fanboyism, I'll be the first to say its far from perfect. The story, compared to its videogame counterpart, is decent, but nowhere near as engaging as the original. Speaking of which, anyone who hasnt played the game will probably be a bit confused. Hell, Im still not completely sure what was going on. But then again, that was part of what made the game so fascinating. The storyline unfolded in ways that werent completely obvious to the observer. There were always new things to notice each time it was played through. Now Im getting off topic.... Most of the movie revolves around Cloud and Tifa. The other characters pretty much just made cameo appearances, which is a bit disappointing. It would have been nice if they had bigger parts, but I guess in the transition from a 40hr game to a 1.5 hour movie, some things are lost along the way.

Okay, so in summation.... If you are a fan, you will probably like this. If not, go play the game. Then you'd probably want to watch it. Go now!

Edit: Haha. Now that I have a chance to read over this post again, it sounds like something taken right from ign. I should probably try to fix that.

4 Comments:

At Thu Apr 27, 12:56:00 PM PDT, Blogger Stuyvesant Parker said...

I tried to watch this about three months ago and I fell asleep. When I woke up I ended up having to throw out all the razors in my house because I wanted to slash my wrists due to how pathetic I felt over the fact that I even tried watching that movie.

 
At Fri May 05, 05:47:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would be doing everybody a favor is you had actually accomplished slashing your wrists. Better luck next time I guess

 
At Thu May 18, 01:05:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ender said...

Well finish watching the movie then I'll be glad to listen to what you have to say about it.

 
At Tue Oct 30, 05:15:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This movie was awesome ! I haven't even finished the game...but it was great. I don't care what anybody else has to say...this movie is....wow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home