Monday, November 07, 2005

A Sudden Realization

I guess I try and ignore it. I don't want to think That he's there. I don't want to know that he's seeing people die, and that he might as well. I wear his Squadron shirt more often now. I want him to come back, and I support him in his choice. I don't agree with the War, but I damn well appreciate men like him who are willing to make a sacrifice like that for this country.

There was news about him recently. I just read it, and it made me realize, he is there. HE's witnessing everything firsthand. I'm sharing it with all of you because this is my family. This is why I want the troops home. I know part of him doesn't like going, No soldier does. He serves his country though, and He will follow the orders handed to him.

That's why I'm sharing this.

Article on The Gunfighters sniper rescue

From Left: Captain Matthew W. Pinto, 1st Lt. Page Payne, Gunnery Sgt. Russel A. Reale and Cpl. Caleb G. Love

That's my uncle, with his new stache, Sitting with his hand on the Minigun.

I'm proud he helped save some man's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home