Thursday, September 22, 2005

New song

Aiight. I just finished the first draft of a new song, but since y'all can't hear it right now, i'll just give you the lyrics. Please tell me what you think. I like constructive criticism and feedback because songs are never finished. I know it'll be kind of hard to know the feel of the song and understand how the words flow. I'll get y'all a recording as quick as i can. It's called...
***
Dance With Silence

(1.)
The door clicks shut. I hear your steps come in
Soft to avoid my questions
Tip-Toe. Two. Three. You're waltzing
Trying to Dance with Silence

(2.)
Your mouth will move with a soundless song
As I confront your midnight crawl
No matter your plights of innocence
I only see your Dance with Silence

(Bridge)
You move so gracefully
Like you've done this a time or two before
With such elegance
I can't watch anymore

(3.)
My screams die down as you drive away
A cliche end to a love decayed
Lost in hate and sadness
How will I Dance with your Silence
***

Everything is going fairly well with me these days although there is barely time to sleep.

I am trying to find gigs and that's hard enough let alone finding one that pays.

I heard a quote the other day that really made me stop and think. It deals with a cliche subject, but it still really impressed me. I have no idea who said it. "It is not about being the perfect person. It is about finding someone who makes you feel perfect."

I'm starting to do yoga in the mornings... and as dorky as that sounds, its actually really awesome. Where I would normally sleep in, I am getting up at around 7, doing yoga, and starting my day. Getting up this early usually is a set up for long, tired, nap-filled days, but yoga totally wakes you us and gives you energy. It's amazing. Who would of thought that I would give up my precious naps? (And just to explain a little... I usually can't go a day without an our nap or more. I am just too tired.) Yay for Yoga! :-D

Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride comes out at midnight! So excited. We're going to go see a 12:15 am showing. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Okay time to go. I have a rehearsal tonight for a friend's recording session. Take care you guys. :-D

1 Comments:

At Fri Sep 23, 12:07:00 AM PDT, Blogger Obsydian said...

Send the MP3 to me, I got hosting for it, we'll set up a link for some of your Mp3's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home