Wednesday, April 06, 2005

You know what they say about guys with big trucks...

Luckily, I didn't own it. So the Rule does not apply. And... for the record, I am a healthy size thank you. Anyway, I drove a truck the size of a rig today. It was fucking cool. I was a little intimidated at first, especially since I had to go with my Dad. My Dad tends too push me too far past my limits, especially with things like this. I start losing control, because, number one, I'm stressed out, and number 2, I can never stand up to my Dad. One of my first driving lessons with him ended in disaster for me. So like I said, I was intimidated, but I've changed alot since then. I know that one day my chance to stand up to my Dad will come. To me, I think that's the one thing that will prove to myself that I am an adult. More than a job ever will.

back to this thing though, it was the size of a normal tractor, except it was a truck/rv thing. It was of course a freightliner, but that's definitley a good thing. It wasn't to hard to actually drive it, you just have to be aware of a shitload of things. You have to make your turns really wide, otherwise you might take out a light pole or something. There wasn't any traffic, so I didn't have to deal with that, but other then that, I dealth with everything else. a U-turn, driving in reverse, passing under bridges, which I nearly fucked up on. I passed under one with like six inches to spare. It was really cool though.

I can definitely say I've driven the biggest truck out of everyone I know. I might look into getting a class A commercial license now. It's good money, and it's a great short-term thing. It was definitely fun.

Driving the Tahoe after this was fucking weird as shit though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home