Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Get Behind Me Satan

An interesting post title you might say. Why? Well because I believe in neither God, nor Satan, so why? Because I'm in an even deeper frustration at how far away June 7th is. June 7th is the release of "The White Stripes" yet again. Their new album, which was just a glimmer of hope, barely a mumble from Jack White's lips, the one that said "I think I feel like recording..." and one solemn guy in the background who overheard this and blabbed all over the net about it. So Mr. White did indeed go into the Studio. Just in his fashion, the album was banged out in less than a month. The details coming a few scant weeks later. Today though, was the release of the new single, "Blue Orchid"

I'm listening to it over and over again right now. I've heard it more than 15 times today probably, but it still sounds new, because it is. This song, I believe, completely redefines The White Stripes as a band. It's genuinely rocked out, with the subtle clues of past blues muscians and inspirations left behind in exactly what it is. The past. I've never failed to understand that The White Stripes are pure rock, and that they change their sound from album to album. This though, is almost a complete revamping of their established identity. It's fresh, it's new, and it's brilliant. It's The White Stripes.

I so suddenly understand why Verne was constantly playing Beverly Hills, the new Weezer single so damn much. A devoted fan won't burn out on this, till weeks after the album releases.

Listening to the thumping beats of the intro drum roll, then rolling into a heavily distorted sound of electricity. That's what comes to mind. This is what electricity sounds like in a cacophany of raging chords. The vocals are different. I heard this song earlier today, without even knowing it. That's how completely different it sounds. This song, is a fucking tesla coil

I love it. I can't wait for the new album.

1 Comments:

At Wed Apr 20, 11:35:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ender said...

I almost heard this song today. I was at work and it started playing on the radio. I had to turn on the machine just so I wouldnt hear it. Heard the new Oasis song by mistake though. It sounds really different. Didnt know it was them till it was over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home