Thursday, March 31, 2005

To New Beginnings

So here it is. My new blog. For those of you that don't know me, I'm Mike. I'm also known as Obsydian on many different forums, and on Xbox Live. I'm 19, gonna be 20 in a month. I'm a pretty cool guy, and I'm passionate about alot of things in my life. Namely, Music, Politics, and My friends. Speaking of which, two of my good ones are authors here, and I hope you'll be able to enjoy their writings as well.

I made this blog for a couple of different purposes. It will of course chronicle my day to day life, but it will also be my soapbox. Here is where I will let loose on a variety of topics, and hopefull everyone can find something to enjoy.

This is not my first attempt at blogging. I have had a few in the past, some more enjoyable than others. It's never been what I've wanted it too, and hopefully that is what this will be. The site will evolve hopefully. I'm aiming high for this project, and I want it to succeed. Hopefully, this template will soon make an exit, as will the URL. This blog will eventually become me, with the influence of my other authors. They will of course have a say in certain facets of it's design, and its use.

I think that finishes the introduction, and I can get into some more of the details of my life.

I'm quite content with life right now. I'm still on the lookout for a job, but things could be far worse than they are. I am starting to get a little annoyed with certain aspects of each day though. They are all relativley the same, and people are always over. I feel like just saying no sometimes, but I can't. They are my friends after all.

I just set up Matt's computer in my room, and that's what I'm posting on. It's very cool to have his computer here. I'm going to miss it when it's gone, but hopefully that will spur me into finding a job that much quicker, and building a computer of my own. As usual it was Matt that got my ass moving on setting up the computer in here. I knew I had to move it, but I was procrastinating. Mainly because I had to clean my room along with setting it up. I did all that today, and in the process went to Matt's, got stoned, avoided major problems, and bitched at Matt.

I was bitching because every time that guy smokes he crashes out. As he was leaving the other day, after his four hour nap, he says, "You wanna hang out tomorrow?"

"Sure, but if that hanging out includes you falling asleep, I'd rather not."

He laughed and promised he wouldn't. I was surprised because he actually didn't. Amber nearly did, but I prevented that. Matt did however pull a classic flake-out. Matt is unfortunately, an opportunist. Not just an opportunist, but the type of opportunist where he's not gonna do it unless it benefits him in some way. Of course, since we've known each other as long as we have (12 years I believe. Since second grade. We're now in college together.) I'm somewhat of the exception to the rule. He'll hang out with me if there is a cost, but not too much, or too often. He rarely does what he says he will. He's a very indecisive guy, and is forgetful as well. These two characteristics are bad for the people who trust him to do what he says he does. I learned my lesson though. I never call him to hang out, I'll wait till he calls me. It works. Its rare for me to be mad at him for flaking out, but he still does it. He does it to everyone, and then I get to hear them bitch about it.

That's so much fun.

I just want to get out more. Like I stated before, it's always my friends coming over here. The last time I went out, it was with a friend of mine named Yvette. We met at fullerton, and we used to hang out alot. She got a new job and works alot of hours, so it's rare now. Couple this with my lack of income, and you can see why I don't get out much. The last time I went with her though, I had a really good time. She's a very fun person, and I love her, but I should show it more often. I tend to be an asshole alot of times. I don't think I'm that bad, but apparently I had been for a while. I toned it down, and they love me again.

Yvette didn't even like me the first time she met me. I was being an asshole to her. I know I was, but I didn't care. She liked Verne, and he was the one that introduced me to her. We became really good friends, because quite simply, these were our first college friends, and they were new personalities. New things to find out about people. New jokes to laugh about. That sort of thing. She introduced us to a wealth of new people. Most of them were ultra-cool, and I'm friends with to this day. Others, I'll say hi to them, but that's about it.

Meanwhile, some of my old friends got dropped. The drama escalated, and it was just too much to handle. So I would avoid it by hanging out with my new friends. Same scenario happened in High School. It's a good lesson to learn though. It happens. People come and People go, but the ones that stick by you are worth it.

My friends are always worth it. I wouldn't trade any of my days, with any of my friends, current or former, for anything in the world.

That's the way it should be. We learn lessons from all of them. We take that with us on our journey through life.

1 Comments:

At Thu Mar 31, 05:52:00 PM PST, Anonymous Erin said...

Hey Mike. Well I'll add this to the list of pages to read. i am glad I chatted with ya'll yesterday. It was nice to talk since we haven't in such a long time. I'll give ya'll a call sometime soon. Hopefully my timing will be better though... and I'll keep an eye on your xanga just in case you ever leave a post or two over there. Take care man. :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home