Thursday, March 31, 2005

There is no end.

I really don't think so. So here's my second post. I've been trying to figure out what to rant about, but it hasn't come to me. Maybe I'll just share a discussion I had with Verne the other night. Daniel was inside with Yvette, Krista, Juan, and Kyle. They were watching my White Stripes DVD, which I'll actually post a review of a bit later, since I just thought of it. Verne and I had already seen it, so he an I went outside for a smoke. We started talking about music.

If there's one thing I'll always look up to Verne for, it's for his love of music, and his tastes. I may not agree with him, but I really respect the guys opinion. Except for Weezer maybe. We were talking about multiple things, but the heart of the conversation was kind of eye-opening for me.

"You know, there are three types of people involved in music that will live on." Verne said.

"How do you mean?"

"The bands that will be remembered, the music that will live on after the demise of the band and/or members."

"So what are the three types?"

"There's the ones that die tragically, during the middle of their great career. Take for example, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, you know, guys like that. Then there are the true rockstars, the ones that live the life of music, I'd say Jack White is one of those guys. They have a deep appreiation for music, and it shows in their work. Then there are the crazy ones."

"Crazy ones?" I asked,

"Yeah, the ones that are like crazy. They do weird things."

"Like who?"

"Like Brian Wilson."

It just made me realize though, That in the future, long after the crap of today passes by, The Blink 182's, the Good Charlotte's, and the Newfound Glory's, there will still be music worth listening to. It was kind of enlightening, and cool to realize this. Some day, when I'm listening to my old albums, my son/daughter will look at me and ask me, "Dad, who is this? they sound pretty cool."

It gives me hope that rock isn't dead after all.

3 Comments:

At Fri Apr 01, 12:13:00 AM PST, Blogger Ender said...

Thats where I want to be! Livin in Beverly Hills!

 
At Fri Apr 01, 12:30:00 AM PST, Blogger Obsydian said...

dude. you need to stfu. like now.

 
At Tue Apr 05, 07:04:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ender said...

Did it ever occur to you that the crappy music will probably be carried over as well? How do you know Blink 182 wont become the next big thing? Maybe it will make a come back. Like the crappy 80's revival we seem to be in the midst of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home